Hello!! To continue the “alternative” theme, I have gathered five of my current favorites when it comes to destination weddings. I love a gorgeous Hawaii wedding, but if you’re looking for something more unique to you and your spouse, below are some pretty sweet ideas. Enjoy and Explore!
1. Did you know that you can have your ceremony at Tintern Abbey?!! I assumed it was a no-go until I visited and asked in person. They obviously can’t allow receptions there because of the delicate state that the ruins are in, but can you imagine a more gorgeous setting for a destination wedding? Oh, and by the way, the drive in is absolutely stunning, and you’re near SO many B&B’s and restaurants, not to mention florists and caterers. You’re also surrounded by hilly Wales scenery (which is unbeatable), so you could easily have your reception outdoors. (May want to consider renting a tent in case of rain–The grass is that green for a reason!)
2. Yearning for a destination wedding, but don’t want to leave the country? You need to know about Mackinac Island, if you don’t already! The Grand Hotel there is incredible, and provides you with the most perfect upscale venue! Not only is it gorgeous, but the whole island is extremely preserved–no cars are even allowed on the island, making it the perfect quiet getaway for such a special occasion. You and your guests can have the ceremony, reception, and accommodations all in one place, which is fantastic when you’re in an area unfamiliar to you!
3. The Peterson House in Pokolbin NSW (Australia) is a fantastic urban twist on a winery venue. Whether you drink or not, this backdrop is modern and sleek, but also allows for some awesome photos in the vineyard surrounded by gorgeous green vines! With just a 2 hour drive to Sydney, your guests will have PLENTY to do to make a whole vacation out of it, and you’ll have a myriad of honeymoon destinations available just at your fingertips.
4. While we’re over in that direction, let’s take a look at the Tarureka Estate in New Zealand. For a cool-toned twist on a barn wedding, this is your place! Not only can you have the wedding there, but the property can accommodate several guests as well! Also…c’mon. You’re in New Zealand. It’s not like you’ll have to search for amazing backdrops.
5. Camp Tapawingo in Toronto, Canada–look no further for a unique venue. Their website is not the most enticing, so I’ll leave you with a link to Wedding Bells, who published a wedding that took place at the venue. This would be especially great for a couple who is all about the outdoors. Plus, Canada is so accessible from the US, you may have more luck with friends and relatives who are able to join you on your big day!(See the publication here)
I hope this helps! I sure had fun putting it all together
With joy, Lizard.